Monday, March 31, 2014

Family Spring Break

For my Spring Break I just went on a few adventures back home, but my families Spring Break was this past week and they came down to visit me at school. The weather was not the best but we had a great time anyways. Thursday we started our journey off with a walk to eat the BEST BBQ in Auburn, which is Mike & Ed`s Bar-B-Q. 

If you are ever in Auburn, AL you need to make sure this is on your list of places to eat. All of the meat is slow smoked and cooked to perfection. The meat is smoky, tender, and juicy you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. One thing that you must get is a big glass of Sweet Tea, it is the best in the South! The prices are great, you do not have to wait long, and they also do carryouts and catering. Feel free to check them out by clicking the link above! If you go visit them be sure to tell them you heard about them here. After eating our delicious BBQ we walked back to my apartment they relaxed while I finished German homework and studied for test. Friday our journey began after my classes. They meet me on campus for breakfast at Chick fil`a. Then I gave them a fast tour of the campus because it was cold and rainy. We made our first stop at Platos Closet. The one in Auburn is great for guys, my brother always find great designer brands for under $20, but the girls is hit or miss, mostly miss. After that I was getting hungry so decided we would go eat. We ate at one of my other favorite, The Hound. It is a very rustic bar that has all fresh ingredients. I am not the "bar" person, I don't drink or ever go out to bars so I always go eat here for lunch before it gets going. This place should also be on your list to eat in Auburn. The atmosphere is great and on the weekends they serve and amazing brunch! One of my favorites on the menu is the Bison Burger. For those who don't know me I do not like hamburgers at all because I can't stand the texture of ground beef, but when I tried this Bison Burger it was like Heaven in my mouth. The patty itself is so lean, juicy, and smooth when you bite into it, the large fried onion ring has the perfect crunchy batter to compliment the beef and it is also toped with the best sautéed mushrooms and a slice of swiss cheese. If you get anything that comes with a side make sure you get the hand cut fries as a side. They are so amazing! 
Our  last stop of the day was to the number one tourist spot in Auburn, AL, Toomer`s Drugs. This store has been here since 1896 and is still serving up the best Lemonade in the country. Even Esquire Magazine ranked Toomer`s Lemonade number one in "163 Reasons It`s Great to be an American Man". Not only does Toomer`s have the best lemonade but the also have some amazing food. One of my favorites is of course a dessert, the Ice Cream Sandwich. They take a huge chocolate chip cookie and you pick your ice cream flavors which they layer between those cookies! It should be the number one stop on your list when coming to Auburn. 
Auburn is full of so many great places these are just a few that you should visit when you come! Be sure to check out Toomer`s amazing lemonade and ice cream sandwiches, Mike & Ed`s smoky and tender BBQ, and The Hounds juicy Bison Burger! 





No comments:

Post a Comment