Monday, April 14, 2014

Studying and Stress

Well school is getting down to the wire and that means even less time for a life than usual. This week I have my biggest tests and projects so I have stress upon stress. When I stress I break down and am worth nothing and think more about how I am a failure and that my stress eating is making me gain weight. I have a few prescriptions for people who are in the same boat. 

1. Read Gods Word
You should never be to BUSY (Being Under Satans Yoke) for time with the Lord.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
            -Proverbs 3:5-6

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you."
            -Ephesians 4:31-32

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
            -Romans 4:16-18

2.Exercise
I am the person that is obsessed with exercising. If I miss my workout I go crazy and won't eat and when life gets rough and you are crunched for time by studying or work I have a perfect 15 min break to burn some calories! I usually study and hour or 30 minuets and then take a break by running through this workout to give me energy to study more! 
  • The first round you are going to do 2 minuet intervals with a minuet rest second round 1 minuet intervals with 30 seconds rest and third round 30 second intervals with 15 second rest.When you are resting do not sit down unless you are going to pass out. Keep pacing or do a simple toe tap to help your heart rate go down. Make sure to use your arms and always keep your core tucked in tight!

3. Eat and get plenty of rest 
I am a picky eater but when it comes to stress snacking I am the worse. I love sweets but i over indulge in them. When studying stay hydrated with plenty of water and add some lemon in there to give it an extra boost! Green tea is also great for a kick of energy! Some great snacks include:
  • Avocados with cheese or tomatoes
  • Peanut butter and strawberries
  • Frozen grapes
  • Yogourt parfait
  • Airpop popcorn (add toppings like season salt, cinnamon, sriracha)
  • Granola
Also don't be afraid to have some chocolate or cookies! You deserve them! Rest is a great key in success. You need at least 7-8 hours of sleep for your brain to recharge!


Just relax and know that with GOD anything is possible. I know it is hard believe me but when you don't stress life is so much better! Check back for more great tips especially with finals coming up. Dont forget to subscribe or leave a comment on what you think about the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment